AC Transit Holding Bus Operator Job Fair 8/25 in Hayward
AC Transit is currently hiring reliable and courteous people for open bus operator positions. Come learn more about this rewarding employment opportunity on August 25 in Hayward. Staff will be available to speak with interested candidates about what it takes to become a bus operator, and will interview a limited number of qualified, pre-registered candidates.
Job Fair Details:
August 25, 2012
9:00am to 2:00pm
AC Transit Training and Education Center
20234 Mack Street
Map & Directions
Job Hotline: (510) 891-4782
Pre-registration for the job fair is now closed. Interested candidates may still apply online for the bus operator positions and attend the job fair for information. Candidates who apply online will be notified of their status in the next few weeks.
Those who would like to learn more about being a bus operator at AC Transit may attend the job fair without pre-registering. There will be organized presentations made by AC Transit staff, and representatives from various departments will be available for questions. Candidates should bring their resume and 10-year DMV driving record (H6).
Getting to the Job Fair:
By BART and bus:
The Training and Education Center is accessible via public transit on AC Transit’s lines 86 and 386 from the Hayward BART station. AC Transit will run extra service on Line 86, with trips every 20 minutes from and to Hayward BART during job fair hours, starting at 8:37 a.m.
Driving from 880 South or North to Hayward (map below):
* Exit Winton (West) veer to the right off of freeway.
* Traveling on Winton pass the Hayward Airport.
* Take right on Corsair
* Take left on Sabre
* Take left on Mack
* Go about 1/8 mile; the Training Center is on the left-side of the street
Signs will indicate location of parking lot, but spaces are limited. Street parking is available.
Bus Operator Driving Standards:
Candidates who pre-register to be considered for an interview must meet the following qualifications:
* Be 23 years of age
* Have a minimum of SEVEN (7) years driving experience
* Be willing to work NIGHTS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, and all shifts
* Have no more than one (1) moving violation in the past three (3) years
* Have no at-fault accidents in past three (3) years.
* Have no Failures to Appear or Failures to Pay in the past three (3) years.
* Have no suspensions in the past three (3) years)
* Have no reckless driving (23103) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI-23152) in the past seven (7) years.
* Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination, including drug and alcohol screening tests.