Second Round of Meetings on BRT Design Nov. 7 – 17
To meet neighborhood needs and ensure community compatibility, AC Transit is holding workshops to gather input from local businesses and residents on the neighborhood-level design of the BRT stations.
The meetings will be held on:
- Wednesday November 7th , 6-8pm, at the Lincoln Recreation Center, 250 10th Street, Oakland
- Thursday November 8th, 6-8pm, at San Leandro City Hall South Offices, 835 E 14th St, San Leandro
- Tuesday November 13th, 6-8pm, at St. Anthony’s School, 1535 16th Ave, Club Room, Oakland
- Thursday November 15th, 6-8pm, at Rainbow Recreation Center, 5800 International Blvd, Oakland
- Saturday November 17th, 11:30am-1:30pm, at the 81st Avenue Library Meeting Room, 1021 81st Ave, Oakland
Attend a BRT design workshop and provide your input on these key project elements:
- Project Design: View neighborhood-level maps showing dedicated lanes, stations, and changes to circulation
- Station and Landscape Architecture: Review the status of the station architecture design and proposed landscape architecture
- Parking: Review changes to parking, including provision of replacement parking
- Public Art: Learn about the process to choose public art in 2013
- Construction: Review construction timelines
Input received will be considered along with other local, state and federal requirements regarding safety and accessibility for riders and BRT operations. The resulting project design features will be released in early 2013.
AC Transit Hosts Second Round of Meetings on BRT. Click here for details and to view materials. Call 510 891 7175 to request translators or other accommodations for the meetings.