Qualifications of Office (See Transit District Law (Public Utilities Code Sections 24581 through 24864).
- Candidates must be a resident and voter of the District (PUC §24653).
- Any person may be nominated for the office of director upon written petition of at least 50 qualified voters of the Ward in which a candidate resides or of the district for candidates seeking an at large position on the Board (PUC §24647).
Nomination petitions and campaign reporting materials are prepared as a separate packet and can only be obtained from and returned to the elections office in your county. Alameda County residents can obtain these materials from the Alameda County Registrar of Voters Office at 1225 Fallon Street, G-1, Oakland (510) 272-6933. Contra Costa County residents may obtain them from the Contra Costa Elections Department at 555 Escobar Street, Martinez (925) 335-7874.
- Resolution No. 11-048 Ward Boundaries
- Transit District Law
- Board Policy 114 – Compensation for Directors
- Board Policy 128 – Political and Campaign Activities
- Board Policy 126 – Candidate Statement Costs
- Board Policy 100 – Board of Directors Rules for Procedure
- 2014 Liaison Committee Assignments