GOVERNMENT TORT CLAIMS
The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District Risk Management Department investigates and works to resolve claims and lawsuits filed by citizens who allege that they have been damaged by the negligent act(s) of the District or its employees.
To pursue a claim against AC Transit, you must file a Claim for Damages Form with the AC Transit District Secretary’s Office. After the investigation, you will receive written notice of your claim status: either accepted, allowed in part, or rejected.
Type of claims we handle
Bodily injury or property damage occurring on District property or involving an incident with AC Transit bus services as a result of District operations, such as: accidents involving AC Transit vehicles, slip and falls on District property, property loss claims, etc.
When appropriate, the Office of Risk Management will pursue recovery claims against negligent third parties responsible for damage to District property and/or injury to District employees.
- Complete an AC Transit Claim for Damages Form.
- Sign your claim form in accordance with the instructions on the form.
- Personally deliver or mail your original signed claim form and one copy along with any supporting documents to the AC Transit District Secretary at the address included on the form. Provide a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of copy of claim. Claims sent by fax or email will not be accepted.
Note: Unsigned, fax copies, or other non original claim form documents will be returned without being processed.
- Upon receipt of a properly completed claim for damages form, the AC Transit District Secretary will transmit the claim to Risk Management.
- A Tort Claims Investigator will be assigned to your claim to conduct an investigation, and will be in contact with you.
- Upon conclusion of the investigation, we will provide written notice that either your claim has been accepted, considered in part as a compromise, or rejected.
Download an electronic version of the AC Transit Claim for Damages Form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about the claims process. Read Frequently Asked Questions.
Risk Management Department
Phone: (510) 891-5436