Projects in the Works
BRT Final Environmental Impact Statement/Report
The project would build bus lanes and BRT stations on arterial streets in the cities of Berkeley, Oakland and San Leandro. The intent of the project is to achieve the speed and reliability of rail using lower cost buses. The project would also include specially designed passenger boarding platforms, shelters, NextBus signs and bus priority at traffic signals. The new service would operate primarily on Telegraph Avenue, International Boulevard and East 14th Street. For more information click here
Next Project Step – Final Environmental Impact Report
The Rapid Bus phase of the project has been completed. Construction of the full BRT project is scheduled to begin in 2014 and be completed in 2016.
- Regional Measure 2 (RM-2) – $43 million for construction. RM-2 includes $3 million annually to operate the system.
- Alameda County Measure B, – $6 million for
- Federal Small Starts – $75 million (anticipated).
- Federal Bus – $3 million.
- State Transportation Improvement Program – $40 million.
- AC Transit Bus Program – $3 million.
- Other – $6 million.