THE SELECTION PROCESS – STEP 1
- The Application Screening Process is the first part of the selection process.
- For information regarding how to search and apply for a position at AC Transit, see the ‘FAQs’ page.
THE SELECTION PROCESS – STEP 2
- Human Resources will screen your application and the best qualified candidates will move forward to the next stage of the selection process.
- The District often gives job-related written or oral employment tests as well as interviews to determine which applicants have the best knowledge, skills and abilities for the job that is open.
THE SELECTION PROCESS – STEP 3
- Finalists are then processed by Human Resources. Reference checks are completed, any drug testing and medical exams are conducted and any criminal history information is obtained from the State Department of Justice.
- Offers of employment are contingent on passing these final checks.
THE FINAL STEP – HIRING
The goal of AC Transit is to hire the best qualified candidates. Although the employment process has many steps and can take some time, the end result is that the best qualified applicants are hired.
Employment at AC Transit is a rewarding experience, as we serve the public’s interest in providing the best transit system in the country. We sincerely hope that you can join us in this important mission.