Bus Fares & Eligibility
Effective August 1, 2011
Local (within the East Bay)
|Adult (19-64) Fare||$2.10||$80.00 available on Clipper only|
|Youth (5-18) Fare||$1.05||$20.00 available on Clipper only|
|Senior (65+) & Disabled Fare||$1.05||$20.00 calendar-month (available electronically on RTC Clipper or Senior Clipper card, or as a sticker)|
|Adult (19-64) Fare||$4.20||$151.20 available on Clipper only (also good for all local service)|
|Youth (5-18) Fare||$2.10||Not available|
|Senior (65+) & Disabled Fare||$2.10||Not available|
*Issued upon request when paying with cash; automatically applied when using Clipper. Good for one use in two hours.
**With transfer issued at BART when paying bus fare with cash; automatically applied when using Clipper to pay BART and bus fares.
***Issued upon request on first bus when paying transbay fare with cash; automatically applied on second bus when using Clipper. Also good for transbay-to-local transfers. Good for one use in two hours.
Senior & Disabled Pass
Starting October 22, 2012, AC Transit’s Senior/Disabled monthly pass will be available for most seniors on the Senior Clipper card. Seniors will no longer be required to have a Regional Transit Connection (RTC) Discount card in order to enjoy the discounts of AC Transit’s Senior/Disabled monthly pass.(Note: Disabled passengers will still need an RTC card, to use the monthly pass.)
There are a couple of exceptions:
- If you are a senior who qualifies for an attendant to travel with you on transit, you and your attendant must both have RTC cards in order for your attendant to pay the reduced fare.
- If you use other transit agencies that do not accept Clipper, you may need an RTC card to be eligible for the discount fares applicable to those agencies.
If you are a senior who already has a valid RTC card, you can wait until it expires. Apply for the Senior card in person, with a document proving your age, at the AC Transit & Clipper Customer Service Center in downtown Oakland (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday) or at the Lake Merritt BART station Customer Service Center in Oakland (7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday). For details, visit www.clippercard.com.
Monthly Pass Sticker
If you are using a Regional Transit Connection (RTC Discount Photo ID card, the Senior & Disabled monthly pass sticker is placed directly on the face of it. The sticker is valid only when affixed to the RTC Card. (The monthly pass can also be loaded electronically onto an RTC card as Clipper value.)
Passengers of any age with qualifying disabilities may apply for a RTC Photo ID Card. For more information, call AC Transit at (510) 891-4700.
Pass stickers are available at many retailers .
Proof of Eligibility
- Seniors: Proof of age can be valid Regional Transit Connection Discount ID Card, if you already have an RTC card, or a current driver’s license, DMV ID card, or passport.
- Disabled Riders: Proof of certification can be a Regional Transit Connection Discount ID Card, DMV Parking Placard ID Card plus photo ID, or disabled license plate registration plus photo ID.
- Medicare cardholders: Medicare card plus photo ID
- Note: Riders from elsewhere in California may ride AC Transit at discounted fares by showing valid proof of eligibility (either of age or disability) issued by another California transit system.