As a handy resource for Youth passengers (age 5 -18), this page offers information about AC Transit’s schedules and routes, Youth bus passes on Clipper, and other tools to make riding the bus easier.
Supplemental Lines and Schedules
AC Transit provides basic fixed route bus service to most public and private junior high/middle schools and high schools within its service area. In addition, supplementary service trips — designated by a three-digit number starting with “6″ – are also provided in order to meet the demand for increased system capacity at bell times.
Supplementary service is available to all riders at regular fares.
It’s easy to plan trips to school using these links:
- See bus lines serving your school — regular service, as well as supplemental lines — by selecting the city in which your school is found.
- Visit “Maps & Schedules” to get a printable timetable for any supplemental line, or to see a map and schedule for all AC Transit bus lines. AC Transit also makes available a list of vacation days and service adjustments for supplementary service.
Clipper & Youth
Using Clipper instead of paying cash at the farebox provides many benefits.
- Youth 31-Day Pass: The AC Transit 31-Day Youth bus pass is $20/month for unlimited local rides. Click here for information about getting a Clipper Youth card, and loading value. (You can even set up automatic reloading.)
- Fare Discounts: If you prefer to load cash value instead of buying a monthly pass on Clipper, only on Clipper you’ll get a 5-cent discount on your fare (you pay $1.00 each boarding instead of $1.05). Since paper transfers are no longer accepted on AC Transit and you’ll need to pay full fare each time you board, (unless you have a 31-Day or Day Pass) that discount can really add up!
- Youth Day Pass: The Day Pass provides you with unlimited local rides from the time of issue until 3:00 am for $2.50/day. The Day Pass is great if you will be riding more than three buses in a day. On Clipper, the Day Pass loads automatically–you don’t have to even think about it!
Cash Fares for Youth
The local per-ride fare for youths (ages 5-18) is $1.05. Youths who prefer to pay on a per-ride basis, rather than with a pass, can board the bus using a Clipper Youth card that has cash value on it. Or, you can pay the youth fare with exact change. Remember that $.25 paper transfers are no longer accepted on AC Transit–you’ll have to pay full fare each time you board a bus.
Stay Connected @AC Transit
When your bus schedule changes, even just a little bit, you need to know right away. Stay on top of important service updates by subscribing to eNews; you only get the news you want, when you need it! To really stay connected, you’ll also want to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Be Nice, Respect Your Bus
AC Transit loves helping kids and teenagers get to school, and we’re looking for a little love in return. If student passengers treat the bus like their home, the bus will be clean and safe for everyone! Learn the rules.