Transbay Tomorrow, finalized in 2018, includes an evaluation of Transbay service and identification of recommendations to address major issues, which included overcrowding, reliability, speed, and productivity.
Strategies for addressing the major issues included:
- Increasing the service span
- Assigning high-capacity buses (i.e., double deckers) to specific high ridership routes
- Moving into the Salesforce Transit Center
- Adjusting routing from local roads to major roads, and working to get more TSP improvements
- Increasing stop spacing
- Deterring local ridership by charging Transbay fares
- Reallocating existing resources (buses and revenue hours) from underperforming routes to routes with high ridership
For more information, please visit Transbay Service or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.