Supplementary School Service FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions: Supplementary School Service
How do I get updates about Supplementary School Service?
For the latest updates on bus service, please:
- Sign up for line-specific eNews here for timely notification about changes that could impact you and your student(s)
- Follow AC Transit on social media for live service updates
- Check the AC Transit website frequently for planned service updates
Did you implement operational changes during the pandemic?
AC Transit has continued to offer trusted bus service throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. This is possible, in part, by the implementation of an array of safety precautions, which include free onboard face masks and hand sanitizer dispensers, anti-viral cleaning and sanitization of buses, and the installation of advanced air filters across our entire bus fleet.
As of June 21, 2021, AC Transit has restored capacity limits to pre-pandemic levels.
What happens when a bus is at capacity?
Riders can check crowding information via the rider capacity feature. When the onboard count reaches these thresholds, the operator will change the external head-sign to “Drop-Off Only,” alerting awaiting riders that the bus will likely bypass the stop. The operator will continue to recognize requests, by onboard riders, to exit.
What are my options if the bus did not stop?
If your stop is bypassed, please consider the following options:
- Check crowding information and next bus arrival on AC Transit’s Rider Capacity feature.
- Use the Supplementary School Service page for a list of local lines that serve the immediate area of your child’s school location, then plan your trip here.
Where can I find specific information about local lines, schedules and maps?
Please use the following resources for travel planning, maps and schedules:
- Plan your trip using your location via ACT RealTime or Trip Planner
- Use the AC Transit Official App
- Check maps and schedules. In addition, all lines have printable timetables available online.
- Timetables can be requested at the AC Transit Customer Service Center at 1600 Franklin Street in downtown Oakland. For specific questions, call Customer Service at 510-891-4777 or use the online form.